This integration module provides the shortest way to integrate JCaptcha to your web application.
This module is available since jcaptcha 2.0
This integration module provides the new default captcha configuration :
All you need to do is add the jcaptcha jar to your project, make a reference to the SimpleImageCaptchaServlet in your web.xml and then use the servlet session id to validate what the user submits on your form against the captcha service.
- Add the jcaptcha jar file into the WEB-INF/lib directory of your .war file
- If your app or server do not already have commons-logging and commons-collection into the WEB-INF/lib directory of your .war
- Put the reference in your web.xml (checking that the url-pattern path matches up with what you put in your html fragment above):
- Add the folowing image tag to the form you want to protect, this call will asks the SimpleImageCaptchaServlet to generate a fresh new captcha
- In your code that manages the submit action add the following code fragment to validate the user input
And that's it!
Sample Web App
- see the attached sample web app (warning, this war contains commons-logging and commons-collections)